This online course is designed as induction for disability support practitioners and provides learners with the latest evidence based knowledge required to prevent and control infection according to current Work Health Safety (WHS) legislation, standards and industry codes of practice.
This course is available for disability support practitioners and health care professionals.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- Identifying the risk of infection.
- Responding appropriately to situations that pose an infection risk and reporting accordingly.
- Identifying common infections.
- Recognising the modes of transmission of infection.
- Applying standard precautions as part of own work routine.
- Recognising situations when transmission based precautions may be required and reporting accordingly.
- Applying transmission based precautions when standard precautions may not be sufficient to control infections.
- Basic food safety precautions